Fast-track Phonics Videos – Teacher resource
Young learners: Lesson 3 /t/; Set 1
Young learners Review: Set 1
The Fast-track Phonics videos are designed to consolidate the content of lessons for the individual sounds. Learners are expected to participate: to say, blend and segment the sounds, and do the associated actions as the video plays along. The actions can be performed sitting at a desk or standing.
Young learners: Set 7, Lesson 32 /oa/
Young learners final review: sets 1-9
The videos do not have a soundtrack. The teacher should read the instructions (contained in the slides) out loud and then do a voiceover as a guide for pronunciation of sounds and words.
The videos contain copies of the picture, word and sound flashcards, blending and segmenting activities in the sequence outlined in the respective teacher guides, and replicated in the activity workbooks. Each video contains the individual sounds for Sets 1-9. There are ‘sounds reviews’ at the introduction of each new sound and video reviews with cumulative sounds at the end of each Set.
They can be accessed as follows:
- Set 1: s a t p i + ‘sounds review’
- Set 2: n m d g o + ‘sounds review’.
- Set 3: c e u r h + ‘sound review’.
- Set 4: b f l j v +‘sounds review’.
- Set 5: w x y z qu + ‘sounds review’.
- Set 6: ch sh th th ng + ‘sounds review’.
- Set 7: ai oa ie ee or + ‘sounds review’.
- Set 8: ou oi ue er ar + ‘sounds review’.
- Set 9: oo SHORT oo LONG ǝ (zh)+ ‘sounds review’.
The songs referred to in the respective teacher guides can be accessed via Spotify as follows:
Step 1: Sign Up or Log In to Spotify
- If you already have a Spotify account, skip to Step 2. If not, visit the Spotify website (www.spotify.com) or download the Spotify app from your device’s app store (iOS App Store, Google Play Store, etc.).
- Click on “Sign Up” if you’re a new user. You can sign up using your email address, Facebook account, or Apple ID.
- If you already have an account, click “Log In” and enter your credentials.
Step 2: Choose a Subscription Plan (Optional)
- Spotify offers both free and premium subscription plans. Free users can listen with ads, while premium users enjoy an ad-free experience and additional features like offline listening.
- Select your desired plan and follow the prompts to complete your subscription if you choose a premium plan.
Step 3: Search for Music
- Use the search bar at the top of the Spotify app or website to find songs, artists, albums, or playlists.
- Type in the name of a song, artist, or genre you want to listen to.
Step 4: Browse Search Results
- Browse through the search results to find the specific song, artist, or playlist you’re looking for.
- Click on the item that matches your search.
Step 5: Play a Song
- To play a single song, click on the song title. It will start playing immediately.
- To play an entire album or playlist, click on the album or playlist cover, and it will start playing from the beginning.
Step 6: Control Playback
- Use the playback controls at the bottom of the app or website to pause, play, skip to the next track, or go back to the previous track.
- Adjust the volume using the volume slider or your device’s volume buttons.
Step 7: Create Playlists (Optional)
- You can create your own playlists by clicking on “Your Library” and then “Create Playlist.”
- Give your playlist a name, and start adding songs to it.
- If you have a premium subscription, you can download songs, albums, or playlists for offline listening.
- Find the content you want to download, click the download icon (usually a downward-facing arrow), and it will be available for offline use.